Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Closing Of An Era

Thanks to dear friend Jere McKinney who came across it, here is a memorable photo of the Seals family, circa 1982, taken at the Bahá'í Music Conference in Panama (I believe). This picture comes to me at a time I consider "the closing of an era." Almost the entire Seals family (sadly Carmencita missing due to work schedule) convened in Costa Rica over the Christmas Holidays. This visit was made special by the fact that the home we grew up in, which served as our family's pioneer post for more than 25 years, will shortly be up for rent (whew...not "sale" thank God!). However, despite the home's unavailability for future visits, the love and gracious hospitality extended by our dearly loved Bahá'í friends, has encouraged us to continue to visit the place I still call home. Much love to all of you and we look forward to seeing you in CR again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great picture!!
    I'm also very happy that your house is not for sale! Too many of us have so many wonderful memories there!
    I love you so much! it was so great to see you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that makes me sad! i haven't been back in so long, and now the mckinney's house is the only one left... so strange...

    ReplyDelete