Wednesday, June 10, 2009

For Me

It is 1:47am and not a wink of sleep will be had until surely 3:30am. My new schedule. It doesn't pester me anymore. It just is. A welcoming offer and I accept. Touche my dear little night that won't let go of me. You must really enjoy my company. While everyone else rest peacefully in silence, you beckon me to play, to write, to fumble, to read, to sift, to search. Tonight is for me. The other nights I might have dedicated creativity to the world. But tonight, it is for me. The beginnings of a song emerge. And for the first time in a long time, there is no judging. Is it catchy? Well-paced? Interesting chord progression? Connected message? It is simply a little gem waiting for me in my cut out. Little nugget of truth and life patiently sitting for me to indulge. And I will, tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment