Thursday, April 30, 2009

Truly

My life decides to take these turns and bends, this trip. Sometimes easy. Sometimes messy. And I am thankful for ever bit of it. The passing moment. The quiet moment. The silence. The loneliness. The company. The laughter. The music. Oh...the music! I love technology. How we can all be miles and miles from physical nearness and yet be connected through these advancements. And how much more through the spirit! I am thankful for my not-so-new friend. He makes me laugh a lot, and I am thankful for his dimples too. How they literally bestow satisfaction just looking at them. Beauty marks. I am thankful for being in “no more bullshit” mode. Finding some ground within myself and being comfortable therein. Coming to accept my weaknesses. Reaching the end of something. Creating newness in every conscious thought. I am thankful for rejection, and even more thankful for liking it. Recognizing the great teacher. I am thankful for these surrounding masses of cells, organic molecules, of pulsating life, of spiritual existence called family. I am thankful for lasting friendships. I am thankful for cats. I am thankful for the enchantment of discovery and creative power. I am thankful for being moved to tears. For possessing a tender heart. I am thankful for Him. I am thankful for you and me. For us. For them. For we. And I am thankful for time. The passage of time. For having too much, and not having enough. I am thankful for love. And thankful for loving. For being loved. I am thankful for this honor. For humility. I am thankful for a song. For more than one. For realizing a calling. For signs and guidance. For protection and mercy. For forgiveness, and second chances...sometimes thirds. I am thankful. Simply. Profoundly. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment