Friday, January 27, 2006

Updates

I feel like so much has happen since I last posted. I'll try and cram it all in. First off, you'll be glad to know that the Seals & Seals photo shoot I mentioned a couple weeks back went off without a hitch (well sorta, the weather turned nasty and we had to finish shooting indoors) and we just got the contact sheets back yesterday. Despite weather conditions though, the Heavens opened up and blessed us with some great pictures! I'll post soon.




Also, this last Saturday my bros., Suth & Josh (they've got a rock group called Hum Static and also tour as part of the Seals & Seals band), helped their buddy Brad out by playing guitar & bass with him at Caffeine Coffee Shop on Music Row. They were fantastic(see above pictures)! On this same night, my love for music was yet again renewed. The culprit? A blonde-haired, doe-eyed, fairy princess. Her name is Stephanie Dosen (pictured below). For those who dig the folky sounds of Carol King, Enya, Sarah McLachlan, Emmylou Harris or Joni Mitchell, you'll love her. Her album is pretty good, but I tell you her live performance was like 10 times better! It was so raw and truthful, which made it all the more moving. The kind of good that makes you never want to touch another instrument ever again. Remember her name. I'm certain it won't be the last time you hear it.



What else? I'm so excited that February 10-12 I'll be visiting my dear friends Aria and Samantha in New Mexico and finally get to meet James (Aria's lovely hubby) and my darling little niece Sasha Layli Pyburn (Aria & James' beautiful daughter)! Also hope to catch the Seals & Seals concert that will be making it's way through there that Saturday. Mustn't forget my camera!

Let's see...oh, and my mom left for Costa Rica today. She'll be gone for 3 weeks! Ahhh...Costa Rica. My love. My heart. My home. How I miss it so. I believe home is wherever loved ones are, but there is something so special about that place. A spiritual presence you might say. And so, it is and will always be a home for me.

Hmmm...on second thought, probably needless to cram everything into this one entry. I mean, c'mon! This thing has gotten so long. Perhaps this is enough for now. Here are more pictures taken after Josh & Suth's performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment